So long winter break. You will be missed.
Goodbye to sleeping in till 9, vegging out in front of the tv as we plow through multiple seasons of Outnumbered, and acting like a helpless child who has forgotten how to cook as my parents feed me multiple times a day.
Goodbye paradise (which seems shockingly similar to childhood).
Hello reality. We meet again.
This was my last legitimate winter break. Ever. I’m sad.
I love school, but I struggle to fake a smile as I leave the cozy confines of my home for the frustratingly chilly hospital (and I do mean temperature as opposed to attitude). At least I got a good send off breakfast – the traditional (at least in my family) “Egg in Bread” New Years Day meal…and this year we had the added treat of roasted red peppers.
What you need:
- 6 large red or yellow peppers
- 12 cloves of garlic, peeled
- Olive oil
- 2 mason jars
What you need to do:
- Place your 6 peppers in the oven on the middle rack and set it to broil.
- Keep an eye on the peppers and rotate them whenever the top side starts to brown.
- When all four sides are adequately roasted, take them out of the oven and place them in a covered bowl (this is supposed to help loosen the pepper skin).
- After 5-10 minutes, take the peppers out of the bowl and peel off the skin.
- Slice the peppers into long strips and place half of the pepper slices in each of the mason jars.
- Add 6 peeled garlic cloves into each of the mason jars.
- Add enough olive oil to top off each of the jars.
- Screw on the tops and place in the fridge.
- Let the peppers sit in the fridge for at least 3-4 days before you start to eat them.