Not much to say about this recipe except to point out the key ingredients – basil, parmesan and orzo pasta. Yum. There’s next to no prep time involved, it’s quick to cook, and can be served as a side dish, or if you love basil and parmesan as much as I do, an entrée.
(Adapted from My Tiny Oven)
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked orzo
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups stock (I love Better than Bullion)
- 1/2 cup basil, chiffoned
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, melt the butter and add the orzo to sauté until the orzo is golden brown.
- Add the garlic and sauté for an extra minute or two.
- Add the broth, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat once all the broth is absorbed.
- Add the basil, parmesan, salt and pepper and stir until the cheese is melted.