Smoked salmon (aka lox), basil and avocado – ’nuff said. The only thing I’ll add next time I make this sandwich is a generous helping of capers.
Side note – some of you may have noticed that Anita and I often reference Jimmy John’s “day old bread” (example #1, #2, #3, #4). It an absolute steal at 50 cents per loaf and is perfect for sandwiches, spreads, dips, etc.
- Bread (jimmy john’s day old bread if it’s available!)
- Smoked Salmon
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
What you need to do:
- Slice and toast your bread.
- Layer the bread with thinly sliced avocado, smoked salmon, and fresh basil.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt and cracked pepper.